You will still have access to your website (accessible via Colgate Domains) until 1 year after graduation, but you might want to consider moving your account now, especially if you plan to include your website on your resume for job applications.
If you do not migrate your account, it will be deleted in 1 year. If you don’t want your website or your Colgate Domains account anymore, you can ignore this message.
Here are your options for migrating your account:
Option 1: Migrate to Reclaim Hosting. Note: Reclaim Hosting manages our Colgate Domains account, so they can just transfer your account to a non-Colgate server.
- Choose one of the shared hosting accounts that Reclaim offers. This link will take you directly to the Student/Individual Hosting plan option.
- Select the Register a New Domain or the Use a subdomain from Reclaim Hosting option.
- Enter a new top-level domain name if applicable (e.g. yourname.com)
- Complete the sign-up process/pay invoice.
- Complete the sign-up process/pay invoice. If you choose the Student/Individual Plan, your invoice total should be $30.00 without a domain registration or $45.00 with a domain registration.
- Send a support request to email@example.com with the following message: Hello Reclaim Hosting Support, I am graduating from (your school) and I would like to migrate my account, (your domain), to Reclaim Hosting. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.
- A member of Reclaim Hosting support will respond & help you get your account migrated ASAP.
Option 2: Migrating Elsewhere
If you would like to continue using your domain after graduation but would like to migrate it elsewhere, complete the following steps:
- Generate a full backup of your account (Log-into your account at colgate.domains to see your cPanel, then view instructions for backing up your account)
- Next, follow the instructions provided by your new hosting platform on transferring domains/migrating websites. You can find instructions for common hosting platforms below: