The Grades Export option allows you to save all or some of your Moodle course Grades content in a file on your computer whenever you wish.
Why Backup your Grades?
- Personal Backup – Moodle system backups occur weekly, early Sunday morning. This means that the grades that you entered on Monday will not be backed up by ITS for another 6 days. You can Export your Grades to a local file on your computer at any time with minimal effort:
- Saving your work (after many entries and changes)
- Saving your state (before you experiment with your Grades settings)
- Long-term Backup – Moodle course backups are big and can only be restored to Moodle systems. Grades Exports are small, local files which can be opened for review in a spreadsheet program
- Restore Setup – Some of your Grades Setup can be transferred to another course using a Grades Export file.
How to Backup your Grades
- Select the Export tab (or menu)
- Select the Excel spreadsheet sub-tab (or menu) (Recommended: you may wish to use an alternate format)
- Review the items under Export format options (expand)
- Important: if you use Feedback in Grades check that option
- Select Download
- Verify by opening the downloaded document